Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Top Ten Reasons Why Dark Chocolate Is Good For You

1. Dark Chocolate at least 70% Coco is much better for you than originally suggested, it's full of antioxidants.
2. Dark chocolate, taken in moderation, 2 squares a day can help with keeping your bowels moving regularly.
3. If taken in moderate amounts, dark chocolate has been said to help with insomnia.
4. Chocolate is also said to be a mood enhancer. It can act as a mild anti-depressant.
5. Chocolate is also said to be an aphrodisiac.
6. It can also be a confidence booster.
7. Mild and white chocolate can be considered as a form of calcium.
8. Soldiers use chocolate as a slow release food when they are out in combat.
9. It's used as an antidote for weakness and exhaustion.
10. Coco butter can be used as a dressing for wounds.


I found this interesting article about dark chocolates... I had to find justification for my undying love for it. Most people give me the look whenever I choose dark over any sweeter chocolate variety... precisely my point!! 

I am happy because dark chocolates are now more accessible because of its popularity as an antioxidant. I used to feel like i'm in some sort of a treasure hunt in our local groceries before. But now, there are a lot of brands to choose from. Let me make some suggestions:
I once brought a box of this to school... Everyone loved it! I'm sure you will too!
number one on my list is Royce' Chocolate in Bitter flavor. No need to fly to Japan, HK or Singapore anymore. It's now available in Konbini Store along Connecticut St. Greenhills. No chocolate comes even near to the experience in eating these wonderful treat. These little blocks of chocolate literally melts in your mouth like a snowflake while you enjoy the burst of heavenly cocoa flavor. At Php620 per box, it is a lot more expensive compared to the prices abroad. But it will spare you the travel fare & time. 
Next on the list is the ever dependable Godiva Chocolatier. 
These are really a treat! The combination is really a genius. The real cherries will make you feel like there's a little tinge of liquor to your usual dark chocolate. Once you start munching these tiny pieces, you will surely find it hard to stop. Each box will cost you HK$52.
There are a lot of good reviews about the Godiva Dark Chocolate truffles but I have not tasted them... anyone willing to send some to me?? 


Some people say that Meiji Black is for the newb because it's not cocoa percentage is not as high as the other dark chocolates. But it does not really bother me to say that I like it. It's taste is simple but still very pleasant -- sweet for a dark bar yet bitter for a milk bar... getz? These are easily available at the local grocery stores and are very cheap. A bar should not go beyond Php50!!!
Another sweet dark chocolate is from Dove. Despite the fact that it's not pure dark, I still love it. Once you put it in your mouth, you will feel it's smoothness and creaminess while it melts in your mouth. Unlike any other chocolates, it has no aftertaste. Great for ending a nice tasty meal. Also available in miniatures at Duty Free.
 

2 comments: